Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Herrara Replacing Gennett?
(07-11-2018, 09:22 PM)McC Wrote: Don't trade anybody.  Scooter is playing a huge role in what is going on.  Show a little faith in what it took lo these many years to put together.  This team is blossoming in front of our eyes.

As to pitching, I think the young arms will continue to grow and we'll have a decent staff.  With this lineup, decent is probably good enough.  It's so much fun watching these guys and it's been a while since I could say that.

We still need good quality starting pitching, but Scooter isn't going to bring them in a trade. There would have to be a huge demand for solid hitting 2nd basemen with not so good defensive skills . Some fans are under the erroneous impression that any player hitting good can fetch anything they want any time they want it to happen . Just because you can trade someone doesn't necessarily mean you should . If Scooter was the best defensive 2nd baseman in the history of the game there would still have to be a huge demand for 2nd basemen and there simply isn't..  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is Herrara Replacing Gennett? - CJD - 07-11-2018, 04:30 PM
RE: Is Herrara Replacing Gennett? - McC - 07-11-2018, 09:22 PM
RE: Is Herrara Replacing Gennett? - grampahol - 07-31-2018, 01:35 PM