Poll: ?
Dalton is a legitimate team leader.
Dalton is a try-hard/fake leader, and NFL players can detect that.
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Leadership is earned, not appointed.
McCarron showed far better leadership than Dalton ever has in leading the team back from that abortion of a game with an 80 yard TD drive. Does anyone find it troubling that Marvin/Whit said they "passed" the leadership baton to Andy Dalton? Maybe he's just not cut out to be a leader. You can't force somebody to be something they're not. How can you be a leader and tell other people what to do -- call them out for their mistakes -- when you're constantly sailing interceptions left, right, and center? (and you come off as a complete cornball but that's another story) I kind of laughed when I read about Dalton "chewing out" Bodine for snap issues. At least he's doing that during practice and not during games. For Dalton it's the reverse -- front-runner when everything is going right, absolutely panics and self-destructs when the chips are down. We're in serious trouble if this is who we appointed as "leaders."

A lot of people blame Green, anybody but the QB, but when you have "fake leaders" running the show, people trying to assume roles they're not good at, does this not hurt team morale and have a trickle-down effect? I am 100% sure elite players would not be making so many sloppy errors if Peyton Manning (even the hobbled, no-feeling-in-fingertips form) were running the show. He just wouldn't allow it. When Dalton hits you with the "Aww shucks, please stop that" try-hard "leadership," it rings hollow.

Do you want this man leading your team?

The artist formerly known as Heretic
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Leadership is earned, not appointed. - GarbageDisposal - 08-25-2015, 01:22 PM