Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IF BENGALS CAN BLOCK, IT COMES DOWN TO THAT
Knute Rockne movie on again after I posted this. Coach Rockne saying fans love quarterbacks, running backs, receivers and they are important, but the most important parts of any football team is blocking, tackling and team work. Without blocking, tackling and team work, you can't win. With blocking, tackling and team work, you can't be beaten. I feel Coach Rockne was correct and Championship Teams from his era on have had Blocking, Tackling, Team Work. All you have to do is look at the 1981 and 1988 Bengals to see Blocking, Tackling & Team Work takes you to Super Bowl. You can have the best quarterback, running backs and receivers ever and without blocking, tackling and team work they can not and will not win. I think Bengals have a good defense considering they were on the field more than any other NFL defense in 2017 due to awful blocking on offense. In spite of our defense on field this much, they kept scores low and kept Bengals in games. Since they were on field more than any NFL defense they should have gave up most points, but they kept scores low which is amazing. So I think we have the tackling. I also think Bengals have made huge steps in addressing the blocking going into 2018. With Tackling, and if the Blocking improves which I believe it will, and if the Team Work is at a high level, then the Bengals will have a great season. I do feel we have the quarterback, running backs and receivers if the Tackling, Blocking and Team Work is at a high level. The 3 Super Bowls Defensive Coach brought in and the Dallas O Line coach should also help. Our Defensive Secondary and Offensive Line should have huge improvement because these coaches brought in have excelled in these ares. GO BENGALS. Tiger
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: IF BENGALS CAN BLOCK, IT COMES DOWN TO THAT - kevin - 07-16-2018, 03:34 AM