Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adam Jones works out for Cleveland
(07-27-2018, 05:30 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Well based on draft history they should be trading away every draft pick an acquiring players from other squads lol...

but every team needs rookie contracts for budgeting..    

It seems like Cleveland has been smart.. but if Hue fails to get it going this year I think there will be a new HC next year who will want to do things his way/// and get his type of players   and it all starts over again.

No NFL Player should every want to be part of a purposely Tanking team....

Maybe so.  Smirk

And I agree...this is probably the proving year for Hue. He hasn't been fired previously because they were tanking, but the moves they've made this year (trading for Tyrod Taylor, Jarvis Landry, etc) are win-now moves. Or at least be-competitive-now moves. If they go 2-14, I'd pretty much guarantee he's out, and like you said...the process starts over yet again.

To be clear on the tanking, I don't think the Browns are telling players to throw games. I don't think they're even saying the "T" word. They were just making off-season moves that decreased the likelihood of winning. I.E. starting a ton of rookies, including a rookie 2nd round QB.

Just a side note, but I think it's funny how different tanking is viewed between leagues. In the NBA, players like Joel Embiid have embraced "The Process", but tanking is almost a four letter word in the NFL. I think it goes on more than we realize though. Remember "suck for Luck"?
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Adam Jones works out for Cleveland - Shake n Blake - 07-27-2018, 05:51 PM