Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Has pitching improved for the Reds?
(08-14-2018, 03:07 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I have some hope that from the bunch we have now we can fill positions 3, 4, and 5 in the rotation. But they're gonna have to go out and get 1 and 2 if they hope to contend next season. I doubt Greene is gonna be ready next year.

Somewhat agree. I don't think they need to go out and get two top of the line pitchers. It would be nice to go out and find one, but the price to pay for that is absolutely hefty (ever seen the top 10 pitchers salaries?). Add to the fact pitchers are also very risky, I think they should see how Luis and Tyler end up by next year. Not saying it's a bad idea, just that I think there's some potential there for a very good good number two with Luis and number three with Tyler. Fill out rest with good pitchers, good pen, and good positions players and see what we have after that. 

Remember Luis missed spring training because of the birth of his first child, too. So I doubt he's got to work on a lot of mechanical and location improvements.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
 [Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Has pitching improved for the Reds? - Hoofhearted - 08-15-2018, 09:03 AM