Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Based on their Pre-Season Game 1 Performance
(08-11-2018, 01:40 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Malik will make it, he just needs to learn, anyone that knew why he fell as far as he did knows that it was because
mentally he needs to get up to par. He needs to get his angles down. He has the size, speed, tackling, covering
ability that is extremely rare in a Linebacker.

Haven't heard he is bad in practice like Dawson which is what i was concerned with. If he is willing to learn, he has
the talent to be a Pro Bowl type Linebacker. My main question with him is his coach, Haslett. His learning curve might
be slower than i want with this guy coaching him.

Worley needs to really show up for even a chance of Malik not making the roster....

Phillips is a great Returner and if he can even show a glimmer at Corner i would give him a shot.

Problem for Phillips is Brandon Wilson will make the team and is also a stud Returner.

Yep, see my reply to Psydoc. I'm not anti-Malik. He was slow to catch onto things at Texas. Maybe we're seeing the same thing here. He did make one really good stop – I think it was for a loss or at least no gain. 

Bates really impressed me with a couple of really strong tackles, one that stopped a TD. He put the runner on his back!  ThumbsUp

Price impressed, as did Hubbard. Sam was really disruptive, even if he didn't finish some of those plays where he got great penetration.

I hope we get to see Tate running with the first team some time this preseason. He looked unstoppable against the Bears' #2s and 3s. 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Based on their Pre-Season Game 1 Performance - BURROWorBUST - 08-11-2018, 01:54 PM