Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Solomon Wilcots: "I'm really concerned"
Solomon shares his thoughts on the Tampa game, the teams attitude, and whether there should be concern...

"It was clear to me that one team was more focused than the other," Wilcots said when I asked him about the game on Tuesday at The NFL on CBS Media Day. "Lovie, where his team is at right now, coming into a preseason game, they've got everything to prove. That was reminiscent of a Lovie Smith defense, wasn't it? Pressure the quarterback, cover 2 on the backend, and they intercept all tips and overthrows."

"I saw a Bengals team kind of feeling like, hey, we’re accomplished, you know who we are," Wilcots said. "If they don’t understand that no one cares that they’ve been to the playoffs four straight years, they’re going to go on opening day and lose in Oakland. I’m telling you right now. Because Oakland is one of those teams like Tampa, that’s got a lot to prove. Jack Del Rio is going to have those guys ready to play."

"I’m really concerned, because for me, preseason game or no, if you’re the number one group you gotta be ready to play and they clearly weren't ready to play," Wilcots said. "And if you go back to that last game in the playoffs against Indy, they weren't ready to play. Now, I'm watching this game and I see the same lethargic attitude and it concerns me and I'm not saying that’s what we're going to get in the regular season. I’m saying after seeing that, I'm concerned, and if it’s not addressed, then it becomes a reality."

"Winning is a habit, I don't care if it's the preseason, I don't care if it's checkers," Wilcots said. "That's just what I believe. It’s just being a competitor and setting the standard for how to perform anywhere, anytime and that’s how winning becomes a habit. And so does losing, unfortunately. They should be concerned, they really should be. And the only way to stop it, is to be concerned."

CincyJungle
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Solomon Wilcots: "I'm really concerned" - Bengalholic - 08-27-2015, 10:55 AM