Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Atkins Wants To Finish His Career Here!
Atkins came out and said that he loves it here and wants to finish his career where it started!

Quote: Atkins said the entire process has been "business as usual," although he feels it's important to finish his career in Cincinnati, whenever that may be.

"They were the team that drafted me. I love it here. I love the city. I love the organization," Atkins said. "It's something to cement my legacy here and I think that's important to finish where I started. We've got unfinished business, this whole team, and me and 'Los are trying to bring a Super Bowl to Cincinnati."

He sounds like a guy that's humble and happy to be where he is and not chasing stardom in some big market city. The article states that he has never hit the open market, which speaks volumes to him not going after the most money, but also speaks to our organization taking care of our own.

Having said that, he is being treated right!

Quote:According to ESPN's Adam Schefter, the $16.3 million yearly average is the highest given to a non-quarterback who is 30 or older.

I wish all players had that kind of attitude because he's one of the only players that's not "me first," even though he has the ability to command the type of money to be that way.

Dunlap is also happy that the business side is done and just wants a ring for the city:

Quote:Said Dunlap: "It is a yearly renewal in the NFL as we all know, but for me personally we don't look at the total number. We look at the business being done so we can focus on football and win that Super Bowl for this city and this organization - everybody will win and we'll win again. That's our main focus. ... We're going to get after it and it's going to be a special season."

Atkins had similar thoughts, which is incredible:

Quote:"What's important to me is trying to have a good season this year," Atkins said. "Make the playoffs and try to win the Super Bowl."

There's more inthis article, but these two are going to have a hell of a year!

WHO-DEY!!!!!!!!!!
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Atkins Wants To Finish His Career Here! - BFritz21 - 08-29-2018, 05:57 PM