Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hobson reports Tate will be cut so they can keep Core.
(09-06-2018, 01:10 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: There's the ever faithful pigeonholing. 

Can't worry about silly red zone receptions when you're catching 25 and 18 yard passes that you have to twist and go to the ground to get (called back on penalty), but they still happened. And then there was the 33 yard game winning TD that he had to adjust to as well. Those go along with a handful of catches in practice, notable enough that they were highlighted on TC videos. 

Nothing special though. Except that some other wide receiver named AJ Green said his catches were "unbelievable". 
“Unbelievable,” A.J. Green said of Tate’s catches, according to Dan Hoard on Bengals.com. . “We call him a young Brandon Marshall. The guy has unbelievable hands, he’s big (with) great body control. He had a very good (minicamp).”

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2018/7/5/17534380/bengals-wr-auden-tate-could-carve-out-a-red-zone-role-for-himself

I'm sure you know better than Bengals players and coaches though. 

(09-06-2018, 01:18 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Just some run-of-the-mill 7th rounder that hasn't shown anything more than any other late-round Bengals pick in the last 15 years...

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2018/6/4/17416942/film-room-auden-tates-jump-ball-ability-gives-him-chance-at-final-roster

Yep.  Sounds exactly like previous over-hyped Bengals.

Since you quoted cincyjungle I will do the same

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2012/7/12/3148498/bengals-2012-training-camp-position-preview-wide-receivers-pt-i

Binns made the most of his opportunity with the Bengals, where he lit up the practice squad after being signed to it on September 20. Binns was asked to emulate Larry Fitzgerald, Mike Wallace, and other top receivers while on the scout team, and he was so damn good at it, that Bengals coaches wanted Binns promoted to the real roster, and possibly even starting. But that never happened, and the Bengals chose to stick with just Green, Simpson, Hawkins, and Whalen.

Looking forward, I really, really like what I've seen out of Binns in OTAs so far. It looks like he trained very hard this offseason, probably realizing the great opportunity for playing time in front of him. He looks far more explosive in and out of his breaks than the scouting reports suggested. His height is a great asset. Coming out of his breaks, he gets his body upright quickly, and consistently catches the ball high, which is extremely hard for defenders to make a play on. As a deep threat, he has the height and jumping ability, but probably not the second gear speed to beat NFL level defenders. Regardless, he could carve a very successful role in this west coast offense. Probably a good red zone threat. Personally, I think he will be starting as the team's number two wide receiver in week 1, while the rookies Sanu and Jones learn the playbook, consistency, and technique.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hobson reports Tate will be cut so they can keep Core. - fredtoast - 09-06-2018, 01:46 AM