Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lightning almost hit my house, fried most of my electronics and AC
(09-08-2018, 11:22 AM)grampahol Wrote: I'm guessing that the wires outside your house are all underground because the vast majority of lighting damage to home electronics via lighting happen around buried cables.. 
In Texas lighting hit the transformer up on a pole less than a block away and nothing was damaged except for the transformer and we were without power for a few days. Twas really really loud and the pole burned down, but that was it..

Yeah the are all underground. 

Also thanks all for the kind words.  Again, I'm glad it wasn't worse and didn't injure myself or my dog. It has been more of a ,"You have to be f'ing kidding me," type of stress event. Especially since I just bought the house less than a year ago and spent a fair amount of money already on some upgrades and such.

Things are slowly getting sorted out.  Insurance sent a guy out to inspect all my fried electronics so he could submit a report to them.  Luckily it has cooled so being without AC is not as much of an issue.  I just noticed today it seems to have also messed up my dishwasher. I'd not had a reason to use it since the lightning event until today. It starts to run but won't go through the cycles.  Just runs like it is first washing but never progresses past that to draining, rinsing etc, just runs forever at the first step of the cycle.  So I suppose insurance will have send someone out to look at that as well.  Luckily I have two back up dishwashers in the form of a right and left hand.  :)

More importantly I have TV and cable back up and running so I can watch the game tomorrow and maybe make some lame jokes in the game day thread. Big Grin
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lightning almost hit my house, fried most of my electronics and AC - George Cantstandya - 09-08-2018, 03:23 PM