Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Run Game Will Develop as the Season Progresses
Yes, I’m concerned about the Bengals’ inability to run the ball effectively in the preseason but all is not lost.

First of all, Frank Pollack made the wise decision to fix the pass blocking first. That is good for Andy Dalton’s health, not to mention good for the passing game in general. Cincinnati will have to score through the air early on in the season, maybe even adopt a version of the spread offense, in order to put lots of points on the board.

Now to the run game: Frank Pollack has a very powerful run blocking scheme he teaches and if you don’t believe me, watch some film of Ezekiel Elliott in Dallas. Frank’s line opened up huge gaps but, as I said, his technique takes time to assimilate. Rest assured the Cincinnati offensive line will learn this method and Billy Price already knows it from his days at Ohio State.

By mid-season the offensive line will be able to run block as well as they pass block and this will be a huge asset to have in a late-season AFC North playoff run.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
The Run Game Will Develop as the Season Progresses - Fan_in_Kettering - 09-08-2018, 09:23 PM