Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2019 Draft: Linebackers, Offensive OT/Guard & DB
(12-10-2018, 03:27 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Here is the thing though we have always used the Sam position like a 3-4 end in our scheme. Manny Lawson, David Pollack,  Rashad Jently, James Harrison, Brandon Johnson, Dantay Moch, Michael Johnson, Robert Geathers, and Carl Lawson have all been 3-4 types who we have tried at that position. The thing that Allen brings that those guys haven't is he is used to dropping back in coverage at Kentucky.

This is just false. If it was true, you'd see the SAM with a LOT more sacks than what they get. Maybe you're right from a run defender standpoint but it sure isn't the case when it comes to pass rush.
I know that Manny Lawson and James Harrison had no more than 2.0 sacks in a season when playing OLB in Cincinnati whereas they've always had (much) more other places.
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but Lawson got his sacks when playing from DE spot, not from standup SAM, right?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2019 Draft: Linebackers, Offensive OT/Guard & safeties - ochocincos - 12-10-2018, 03:32 PM