Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2019 Draft: Linebackers, Offensive OT/Guard & DB
(01-02-2019, 05:46 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Bengals could always look for a nickel DT too instead of a full-time DT. I think it really would depend on the new coaching brought in though.
Would the Bengals be willing to demote Billings to backup NT and get a true 3-down DT to put at NT?
If so, which DTs would that be in this draft? Maybe Raekwon Davis? Derrick Brown? Christian Wilkins since he's up to 315 lbs?

I'd wait to see what DC gets hired. I think Glasgow and Ringo give us options on the roster right now. I think Andre Brown who we drafted last year also offers some options. Too be honest though I don't want two DT's on the line in known pass rushing situations, I want my best pure pass rushers in. Geno may be one, but that is pretty rare that a DT is one of your best pass rushers. 

The Giants made a living during their Super Bowl with their NASCAR package which was just that there best pass rushers on the line no matter what position they played. Getting a DE on a guard is normally a mismatch I like if the DE is above average and it's why we have done it over the years. 

If we were sitting in the Browns situation right now with a plethora of talent, I'd consider it as a luxury pick but we aren't there currently. I think the elephant in the room is we may need to take another CB high, which I know won't go over well here.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2019 Draft: Linebackers, Offensive OT/Guard & safeties - Au165 - 01-02-2019, 05:50 PM