No
50.00%
8 50.00%
Total 16 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Corey Dillon's HOF chances...
Do I think he deserves to be in? Yes, and I'm being as objective about that as possible. I think the HOF gets WAY too hung up on the player's personality and the bulk career numbers. For example, compare Dillon to Bettis.

Dillon has better:

Yards per game
Yards per carry
TD's per season
Receiving numbers across the board
Same amount of rings

Bettis has better:

Personality
Played most of his career for the beloved Steelers, instead of terrible Bengals teams
Better bulk stats from hanging around well past his prime - he played 4 more years than Dillon

-------------

In the end, Dillon was a better RB than Bettis and put up better numbers behind a worse line. Yet Bettis is in the Hall and Dillon is not. I'd say this is due to Bettis being a media darling and Dillon being a moody guy that played most of his career on a bad team. Also, the HOF seems big on players meeting certain set numbers.

For modern RB's, 13,000 career rushing yards seems to be their standard. The only time a player gets in under that is when it's an injured guy like Terrell Davis. Kinda silly, IMO. Just because a guy doesn't hang around padding numbers doesn't mean he wasn't one of the league's greatest in his prime.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Corey Dillon's HOF chances... - rfaulk34 - 09-16-2018, 02:26 AM
RE: Corey Dillon's HOF chances... - TSwigZ - 09-16-2018, 05:36 AM
RE: Corey Dillon's HOF chances... - Shake n Blake - 09-16-2018, 01:05 PM