Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Did we get rid of the wrong penalty machine?
(09-26-2018, 07:52 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I can deal with a DPI, or even an unnecessary roughness if he's trying to separate a receiver from the ball.  Those are penalties from hard play, just trying to do his job to the max of his abilities.  But the petty, childish shit has got to go.  You can't allow yourself to get baited into a shoving match, or knocking a ball out of someone's hands after the whistle.  Those type of things are just completely counterproductive, actually kind of telling of his inner doubts of his own abilities.

Coach Austin was supposed to be some sort of Guru, when it comes to players in the secondary.  He needs to start preaching some wisdom to these cats, and fast..

Agreed.

I can deal with the vast majority of penalties between the whistles. The little hissy fit stuff after the play is over just burns me up. You think the Steelers haven't noticed Williams is developing a quick trigger ?

The one penalty that infuriates me on the defense during live play is the defensive holding on LBers/DB's. It's 3rd and 25 and a LBer gets called for holding on a TE running a 5 yard crossing route. We sacked the QB but it doesn't matter because it's now 1st down ! Understand the down and distance and that the guy running a 5 yard route on 3rd and 25 isn't going to hurt you most likely.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Did we get rid of the wrong penalty machine? - bengalfan74 - 09-26-2018, 09:17 PM