Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Steelers Listening To Trade Talks For Bell
(09-25-2018, 08:26 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: Look at my post that copied Ian rapaport.  A very trusted nfl reporter.  Maybe I do need those crayons Brad was talking about

“Since that initial report, there has been talk that the only truly guaranteed piece of the offer was a $10 million signing bonus and that the $33 million was a rolling guarantee. This would essentially mean that the rest of the money would become guaranteed after a certain date which is really to say it’s only sort of guaranteed.”

Again, look at Todd Gurley's contract and tell me that it's not structured EXACTLY like the Lev Bell offer. Show me how it's different. There's a guarantee in the first year (signing bonus), then more guarantees after certain dates in later years. This is a rolling guarantee. Show me where it says that the Steelers would be able to release Bell at the end of 2018 and not pay him the remaining $23M.....and repeating Ian Rapaport saying "sort of guaranteed" doesn't cut it since I have showed you that Gurley's contract was structured exactly like Bells was. 

And considering that Ian Rapaport got his information from Bell's agent, this is nothing more than his spin on things designed to make the Steelers look bad in the eyes of the non thinking fans.

https://overthecap.com/player/todd-gurley/3858

(09-25-2018, 09:06 AM)Whatever Wrote: You realize I can produce links to articles and quotes that agree with Bell's position from former and current players like Maurice Jones-Drew and Mike Wallace?

Bell's position HAS strengthened.  The Steelers have begun to cave by backing off their no trade stance.  Ergo, Bell's position has strengthened.  It's not even debatable.  Bell is winning the stand off.

Imagine that, current and former players siding with Bell. Im stunned. Luckily MJD and Wallace don't offer contracts and sign paychecks, GM's do. So anything that they offer is of no substance to his actual value and merely just them cheerleading from the sidelines. 

And the Steelers changing their stance has strengthened his position how? He's still a toxic cancer and other GMs are noticing and that's going to hurt his value in the long run. 

(09-25-2018, 09:13 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Bell kept changing the number that he was looking for, but I think we've found the real reason that he didn't accept that generous offer.   Ninja 

He's probably thinking, "What good is it to be rich, if I can't even do what I really want to with the money?".
You are one of the few Bengal fans who actually paid attention (unlike others on this thread), congrats. The guy has changed his demands more frequently than Burfict gets suspended. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Steelers Listening To Trade Talks For Bell - StrictlyBiz - 09-25-2018, 03:29 PM