Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reds NEED a New Good Manager ASAP
(10-09-2018, 04:21 PM)kevin Wrote: NO, we need that guy to come in and have power to rebuild since owner and GM don't have a clue like Mike Brown Bungles era of 1990's.   Let manager rebuild this team and bring in pitching, even if it means trading Joey Votto.  Reds are in last place every year with Votto, even in 2017 good year for Votto.  I'm not saying we can get one of the expensive great pitchers in baseball, and that would be a mistake also.  Team needs 3 or 4 good starters and a Nasty Boys Bullpen.  Also Defense, pitching no good without Defense.  Now if they keep Votto, fine. If they trade Votto, fine.  

Some say a manager makes no difference. I say people who say that watch too much fake wrestling.  Manager makes a huge difference when given an input into player trades.  Sparky came to Reds, traded fan favorites but turned team into winner. He did same at Detroit.  Pete Rose had team back to winning.  Lou Piniella was up in Front Office every day yelling for more pitching, and Lou made a difference.  Jack McKeon made a difference here and in Miami and said if he had stayed with Reds, they never pay and sign Ken Griffey Jr.  Probably right since Reds always last place with Griffey.  Dusty Baker made a difference.  Madden won with Tampa and Cubs, something no other managers do.  Managers helped blow up and rebuild awful Cubs and Astros.  People that think managers don't make a difference don't know a thing about baseball.  Why even my best year in baseball as a kid was due to the manager, before and after him the managers weren't very good.  That one year we had a man that knew his baseball and taught us things, he didn't just show up and leave. Taught me to step into the ball. Other managers in other years didn't teach me anything. That manager also had extra practices. He was a good manager and we won because of it. You think the Pros are different, the players know everything. All Reds players know is how to lose.

The Reds STINK. Worst team in baseball over the last 5 years. Just awful.  Accept that.  Accept that Major Changes needed STARTING WITH MANAGER.  Don't bring in players and then a manager, they may not be players he wants.  Bring in a Manager ASAP, and let him help blow up the team and rebuild it.  I like catchers as managers, they know pitching, defense, hitting.  I see Reds have interviewed a couple catchers.  I might add Red Sox minor league winning manager and ex Red Champ Joe Oliver, Catcher.  Catchers know good pitching. Reds need good pitching. 

Managers don't make trades.  General managers do.  And no manager would have won anything with the pitching we had last year.

I don't care if we bring in a new manager or not.  But I know that the manager won't make any difference if we don't find more pitching.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Reds NEED a New Good Manager ASAP - kevin - 10-02-2018, 11:34 PM
RE: Reds NEED a New Good Manager ASAP - fredtoast - 10-09-2018, 04:32 PM