Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
It's True: Geno Is The Best Defensive Player In The League
(10-11-2018, 05:42 AM)Wyche Wrote: True....but Ken Anderson's numbers are better than a lot of QBs from his era who are in the Hall, yet he is not.  He had league records that stood for years.....while some QBs were throwing as many INTs as TDs, and those guys are in.  It's hard to overlook that. Ken Riley is another.

I think Ken Riley is the only real no-brainer. How a guy could be 5th all-time in INT's and NOT be in the HOF is mind-boggling. The only other guy in the top 12 in that category that isn't in the HOF (or headed there very soon) is Dave Brown. It seems the problem for both Riley and Brown is that they both lacked accolades. Riley made no Pro Bowls, with 1 first team All-Pro. Brown only made 1 Pro Bowl.

Kenny Anderson is borderline, IMO. His numbers compare favorably to guys like Bradshaw and Stabler, but Kenny doesn't have the Super Bowl glory like those guys. Only 4 Pro Bowls and 1 first team All-Pro (same as the Snake and more than Bradshaw, but again...no rings). Had some really rough years in the late 70's, when his own team tried to replace him. 

Ultimately I do think Kenny should be in, but I don't think he's a guy I'd point to as evidence of Bengal bias. 

(10-11-2018, 11:47 AM)t3r3e3 Wrote: Did you watch Reggie White back then?

Reggie was a DE.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: It's True: Geno Is The Best Defensive Player In The League - Shake n Blake - 10-11-2018, 12:07 PM