Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lets give Marvin credit this season ....
(10-09-2018, 10:15 AM)BengalYankee Wrote: So how do you feel about Dalton in the playoffs who has looked terrible in EVERY playoff game lost.
Outside of Cincy, people equally blame Dalton for playoff losses.

Two of Marvin's losses were without his starting QB. How can you blame Marvin, when the Squealers went after palmer's knees?
Or the last playoff game when the Hill couldn't secure the ball and our defense lost their composure with multiple penalties, when the game was virtually won.

Ok fine that’s still 0-5 in the playoffs and just to refresh your memory both Houston games we had our starting qb vs back up qbs so not havin the start is not a valid argument.

Blame hill but not the poor discipline instilled in jones or burfict. 2 guys that would continually do something heroic only to follow up doing something stupid and never have to pay a consequence so they’d just keep doing it.

To your other point about blaming dalton. Marvin is 0-3 without him and 0-4 with him so as lousy as Dalton’s post season have been Marvin’s record is close to the same with or without him so it’s moot.

I don’t care what the circumstances were in each of the seven post season attempts you’re just creating validation for a guy that has not performed in the post season and that’s his fault. If the problem is dalton it’s his job to get rid of that problem or to find a way to coach around it. He hasn’t done that.

Again I love this team and I love what they’re doing right now but until it manifests itself into a post season win Marvin gets nothing from me.

This is the definition of fair weather fandom. If it’s all falling apart, when we suck it’s his fault when we’re winning he’s a hero and saved us from the nineties. I’m not going to waver I till he proves it.

Of course I’m rooting for the team to win and think they have the talent and fortitude to win big this season but we still have the same old coach that hasn’t gotten over the hump.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lets give Marvin credit this season .... - motoarch - 10-09-2018, 01:26 PM