Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lets give Marvin credit this season ....
(10-09-2018, 01:28 PM)motoarch Wrote: B.B. has 8 super bowl appearances and won 5.  Marvin is 0-7 in the first round of the playoffs.  Are you seriously making a comparison?

I knew you would go there, that is why I said every coach including Lombardi, Paul Brown, etc.

Let me say it to you again, because you don't understand. B.B. as well as every other coach in History including Don Shula[minus 1972 season], if they have won their division has lost games during the season or championship including the undefeated regular season Chicago bears and New England Patriots. That said every coach in the HISTORY of the NFL, which won their division has made mistakes because no coach is undefeated for their career. Shula has won divisions after 1972, but he made mistakes and lost games, so has Lombardi, Brown, Knoll, etc.

NOT comparing, Lewis to any of these coaches, that was your doing. All I am saying you can't whine and blame Lewis for losses when he won a division and say in spite of him. If I say Green Bay's SB wins were accomplished in spite of Lombardi's regular season mistakes. That is whining.

You can't say a teams positives accomplishments then say despite a coach's decisions. That coach made decisions from training camp, pre season games, cutting players, signing players, regular season games and if they won a division it is not in spite of him, but because of him.       
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lets give Marvin credit this season .... - BengalYankee - 10-09-2018, 01:59 PM