Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lets give Marvin credit this season ....
(11-26-2018, 11:00 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yeah...sadly people forget that even the great Mike Zimmer's defenses tended to melt down in the playoffs. And when the defense played well, the offense did.

This team plays playoff games with a 1000 pound monkey on their back. They play not to lose, rather than to win. Like they're trying to erase 26 years of playoff failure in 1 game.

And...they find a way to lose.

Hasn't been that way in Minnesota. They've been solid in 2 of their 3 playoff games, holding the Seahawks to 10 points and a high powered Saints offense to 24. I'd have to check on his Cowboys days, but I doubt Zim was bad there, either. It's the "Marvin effect".

(11-26-2018, 12:24 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: I think losing you're best player might play a big part in it. Especially considering they ran it down our throats all day Geno specifically could and would have made a difference. 

Atkins was there for:

188 rush yards to the Texans (2011)
158 rush yards to the Texans (2012)
114 rush yards to the Colts (2014)
167 rush yards to the Steelers (2015)

The Colts and Steelers got that yardage with 3rd and 4th string RB's. Geno wasn't stopping anybody. No offense to him, he's a great player. He just has the misfortune of playing for Marvin Lewis. Just like all these other players I can't blame.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lets give Marvin credit this season .... - Shake n Blake - 11-26-2018, 04:21 PM