Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why I am picking the Bengals to beat the Steelers.
“Only ever doing what feels comfortable is a form of suicide.”

When I first came across this quote I thoughtg it was from Ole Anderson of "Four Horseman" fame.  It seemed deeply profound for a professional wrestler, but that just made it more cool for me.  Then I learned it was actually from Oli Anderson who appears to be some hack self help guru.  But I still like it.

The Bengals have not really played that well this year.  They have had enough good stretches to go to 5-1, but our defense still seems a bit hapless too much of the time and I still have concerns about our O-line.

Then there is the epic level of ownage the Steelers have over the Bengals.  It is more than just coincidence and a small sample size.  Sometimes they have the better team, but not by the margin that our head-to-head record would suggest. Especially since 2011

Bengals record against teams other than Pitt..........66-35-2
Pitt record against teams other than Bengals..........64-38-1
Head-to-head Pitt advantage.................................11- 3-0

Bengals record against winning teams not from Pitt...20-21-1 .488 (Only 3 teams over .500 against winning teams)
Bengals record against winning teams from Pitt.........  1- 9-0 .100 (Browns only team under .100 against winning teams)

So it would be easy to just sit back and expect another loss, but that is not what I am going to do.  I am going to think about how great it will be to beat the Steelers this week.

Some would say that it is easy to take this position with no skin in the game, but even though I have not made any bets I am still taking that emotional leap.  I may crash and burn like Icarus for daring to soar so close to the sun, but as the great bullshit artist Oli Anderson said....

“Only ever doing what feels comfortable is a form of suicide.”
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Why I am picking the Bengals to beat the Steelers. - fredtoast - 10-11-2018, 09:57 PM