Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We need a really big pump
(10-15-2018, 01:04 PM)Deacon Wrote: Great take, Nate. I'll respectfully disagree about the team not being different, though. At least the players. We didn't get suckered into reacting, and it did look like we kept our discipline through most of the game.
Also, when it came time for the O to drive down field with less than 5 minutes on the clock, we didn't deflate. They looked confident that the game was not out of reach. That's different in my book. Your opinion is totally valid, though. I just see that it's not 100% the same story as before. Certainly we can agree that Van Pelt + Lazor have done wonders with our offense from last year.

I'm not letting the D off the hook and I'm not saying OMG SUPERBOWL or anything like that. I wanted to buy in and I drank a bit of the kool-aid. Maybe it's confirmation bias, but I think we're a better team than last year and with the right pieces we can be competitive and (probably not this year) get that playoff monkey off our back.

Though I'm starting to see the light, and it's unlikely we will see major progress until MB fully releases the reins, hires a serious GM, and we get some coaching changes. 

Wonderful reply......

I agree.  The team is different.  They never seem to be out of it, and they haven't been rattled, even in the 2 losses.  That may change down the stretch, it may not.

Lazor, Van Pelt, Pollack, and Bicknell have been great additions.

I said at the start of camp I felt this team was a year away, it's in the prediction threads.  I felt like this was a 9-7 team, and that it would be much improved.  I stand by that, although I now feel they may win another game or two.  There were too many holes to plug in one offseason, but they at least made an effort (Glenn and Price for starters, and how about Hubbard?), and they cleaned house on the offensive staff.  If they can just stay positive, and plug some more holes next offseason, they should have a pretty damn good football team.  Plus, the young guys are playing and will be more experienced.

Lord knows I've never been a Kool Aid drinker.....but this is my realist take.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
We need a really big pump - McC - 10-15-2018, 12:34 PM
RE: We need a really big pump - sandwedge - 10-15-2018, 12:39 PM
RE: We need a really big pump - Go Cards - 10-15-2018, 01:23 PM
RE: We need a really big pump - Bengalbug - 10-15-2018, 12:50 PM
RE: We need a really big pump - Nately120 - 10-15-2018, 12:52 PM