Poll: Who will be the better QB moving forward?
Dalton
McCarron
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who do you think will have a better future in the NFL at QB?
(09-02-2015, 03:55 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I don't know if you listen to much local talk radio but I've heard a lot of people yammering about how AJ needs to get a shot.  It was the point where Lance felled compelled to address it on his blog, here: http://www.espn1530.com/onair/lance-mcalister-7818/bengals-repeat-after-me-there-is-13902264/

So, I'm sorry, I don't think I'm exaggerating anything.  I'm not sure or not if you follow the chatter outside of the bubble that is Jungle Noise but I assure you it's more than just a few people.  And I'm not sure I've seen this amount of "hype" surround a later round pick QB ever in my 30 plus years of watching the Bengals.  It seems different to me this time.  I think that may because so many have doubts about Dalton that they're desperate to look for an heir apparent, mixed with the recent success of Alabama.

As far people seeing "good things" from him, and that's it in a nutshell.  Again, we've seen "good things" from plenty of QB's in the preseason.  I just can't ever remember so many wanting to late round pick to have a chance to start.  It has nothing to do with it bothering me that he's done well and everything to do with it striking me as unusual.

If you're talking about local talk radio, which, incidentally, was not in the post I quoted, then I am uniformed and uninterested.  Maybe those are the people you should be talking to because there is no hype train around here.  Excuse me for not knowing your unstated intent.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Who do you think will have a better future in the NFL at QB? - McC - 09-02-2015, 06:59 PM