Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bucs fired their DC - why is Austin still employed?
I'm not happy with the results at all, but I think we need to pump the brakes a tad here.

First off, we have no real, viable option at this point to replace him with.  Second, he has implemented a new system over one that had been here for around a decade, there's going to be a learning curve.  (One I called out in the early prediction threads)  Third, outside of our top LBs, we have TURRIBLE players in those roles.  Burfict missed the 1st four, is on a limited pitch count, and dinged his shoulder against Pitt.  Preston Brown has missed, what, two games with a bum ankle?  He's currently playing hurt.  Nick Vigil went down against Pitt.  Vinnie Rey has been hurt as well.  Evans is not where he needs to be, and Nickerson is a STer at best.  Fourth, as Sunset says, the NT situation is doo doo.  When you have a couple guy(s) that are shit there, and you allow inexperienced/under talented LBs to get blockers on them almost immediately, you get a shit show.  Fifth, the opposition is neutralizing the pass rush with max protect and/or really getting the ball out fast against us. Finally, we've had a lot of Jessie Bates and Fej out there at Safety....not much experience there.

Now, I agree he better get creative with stunts and blitzes, and get there in a hurry if he wants to get the pass rush jump started, because with Billings starting, and the quick throws from opponents, we ain't gonna get there on talent alone. He's going to have to change up some things to help us out......because some key players are hurt, and the defense has a few missing parts from being all that good to begin with.

As for the all out blitz on that play.....I was against it too, but after the players talked and the presser, I understand it now.  The reasoning behind it makes it actually a pretty sound call.  McRae just got a tad out of position, and allowed himself to get picked easier.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bucs fired their DC - why is Austin still employed? - Wyche'sWarrior - 10-17-2018, 10:37 AM