Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bucs fired their DC - why is Austin still employed?
(10-17-2018, 12:41 PM)Roland Wrote: Yes.  Not advocating it.  It's way too soon for that. Just saying that he was in the head coaching conversation for a lot of teams in the off season.  The fact that he turned down the Broncos HC interview after he took the Bengals job suggests to me that he's very comfortable with his opportunity in Cincinnati.

Honestly, he was probably just a Rooney rule guy. Meaning a guy teams were wanting to bring in just to fulfill that silly rule. His resume doesn't exactly scream HC material. That said, this doesn't mean we don't view him as a potential candidate.

IMO, Lazor is the best candidate on the staff, but as silly as some might think this is, I don't think Lazor has the look or attitude of a HC. He seems too laid back. I'm not sure I've heard a peep from him since he was hired...unlike Jay and Hue, who were very vocal. 

I don't think we have any viable candidates currently with the team. Hopefully we do a clean sweep and hire an external candidate when (if?) we replace Marvin. I don't see it playing out like that though. They'll want "continuity"...as if we should want a continuation of no playoff wins.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bucs fired their DC - why is Austin still employed? - Shake n Blake - 10-17-2018, 01:18 PM