Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Insanity is doing the same.." -Carlos Dunlap
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result...both on & off field” what do you think he was talking about there?"
I'm curious as well as far as what Carlos meant... any guesses?

Full section from the Hobson's Choice article:
https://www.bengals.com/news/hobson-s-choice-on-to-k-c

"My question is the front defensive line. The week before the Steeler game the defensive line seemed to wake up halfway thru the third quarter and was overpowering all the fourth. This was not the same vs the Steelers, I observed that they double teamed Atkins but still no sacks. Was it a letdown from the previous week or were they out-coached? Steve Guenther, Saint Paris, OH

STEVE: I’d say neither. The Steelers have a much better offensive line than the banged-up Dolphins and Miami didn’t have two starters going into the game before they lost its left tackle early in the second half. Also, as Bengals defensive coordinator Teryl Austin noted Monday, the Steelers changed up their looks and went with their package of tight ends more than they have:

“They were more of a 3 wide set (before Sunday),” Austin said. “And I think part of the reason they went to that is because that'll negate some of your pass rush. That's going to keep you with your big people, keep you in your regular sets and keep you out of your substitution, and keep guys like (ends) Carl (Lawson) and Carlos (Dunlap) and those guys from really teeing off.”

Carlos Dunlap made a comment after the loss to the Steelers, something to the effect of “Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result...both on & off field” what do you think he was talking about there? Beau Christopher

BEAU: I’m not going to guess. I’m not going to try and read a person’s mind. That would not only be speculative, but irresponsible. Besides, when I asked him what were the same things he answered, “Figure it out for yourself.” Like you, I still am."

Not sure where to find the full video clip but here is some of it:
https://www.cincinnati.com/videos/sports/nfl/bengals/2018/10/14/video-carlos-dunlap-talks-insanity-after-bengals-loss-steelers/1643570002/
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
"Insanity is doing the same.." -Carlos Dunlap - CoCoNuT - 10-17-2018, 12:45 PM