Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NBC, SI say Burfict should be banned from football
Folks, I totally understand the hypocrisy. We all know the Steelers are dirty and have always been dirty. Just because a Steeler makes a dirty hit or play doesn't somehow make it okay for a Bengals player to do the same thing. Dirty is dirty.

The biggest issue with Burfict is that he doesn't clean it up which costs him playing time. People constantly talk about him being the heart and soul of the defense, the fire, and the leader. It doesn't matter if he's not on the field though. Whether you think the hit on Brown was clean or not doesn't matter. He's going to make a play like that and end up getting suspended for more of this season or for next season. That's what hurts the team most. Who cares if Ben and the Steelers whine and cry or if Florio writes another article. It hurts our team to not have Burfict on the field. I couldn't care less about the public perception of the team. It bothers me that someone we all feel is so important to the success of our defense continues to put himself in a position to miss time.

It doesn't make me a bad fan, a *****, or anything like that. I want him to play smarter so he can play more and help the team. There was no reason to even go for the hit on Brown. 2 players already had Brown wrapped up and were taking him to the ground. Let it go. Don't risk a penalty, fine, or suspension over a hit that is completely unnecessary.

As for the "You're next", I'm sure Burfict and 90% of the players in the league say a lot worse on the field. I know I did. I just think people are focusing too much on this stupid article. Focus on what really matters. Burfict needs to be more aware of the persona and reputation he created and clean it up some. That doesn't mean he can't hit people hard, it doesn't mean he can't be intense, and it doesn't mean he can't intimidate. Just stop doing the dumb shit that is going to cost him games that the team needs him for.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: NBC, SI say Burfict should be banned from football - muskiesfan - 10-18-2018, 10:22 AM