Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Burfict fined $112K for hits on Steelers
(10-21-2018, 03:55 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: He could be the first NFL player and Bengal player to be indebted financially permanently to the NFL for hits alone if he keeps up the hits for every game. hahahahahaha  Muahaha Muahaha Muahaha  

Considering he did it vs the squeelers, it is well worth it.  Clapping Clapping Clapping 

All joking aside.  I'm a huge fan and proponent of The Super Destroyer 55, but I'm also a lifelong fan of the Bengals.  With that said, at what point do we now begin to wonder if it might have been a good idea to entertain the Raiders offer, when they wanted to make a deal for VB?  At this point, after the league's written warning to VB, the writing is on the wall.  They're looking to remove him, altogether.  The team would be completely screwed, if VB were sat for the remainder of the season.  There is no way that they could find anyone to even remotely begin to fill his shoes, if we lost him for the rest of the year.

Like I mentioned in a previous post, I feel like he is being unfairly targeted and punished.  If the plays in question weren't enough to draw a flag from the officials on the scene, then why so harsh a punishment and warning?  I saw plenty of Steeler OL attempting to take knees of defenders, yet I read nothing about any of them receiving fines.  If rules apply and are to be taken seriously, then they need to apply to all and be enforced evenly for all, not just "whomever we have our sights set on".
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Burfict fined $112K for hits on Steelers - SunsetBengal - 10-21-2018, 04:21 PM