Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hailey Fired also
(10-29-2018, 08:43 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: I guess there's a fine line....
Kind of like the line between genius and madman.
IDK?

Im the same way with the Pirates. I quit paying attention to them around '04 when it was obvious to me that ownership didn't give a shit about winning, only how much they made. I swore them off and never looked back. Since they traded McCutcheon, I honestly couldn't name one single player on their team. 

Now I only go to games when there's an event and tickets are usually free. My wife works for one of the local healthcare giants, and there maybe one freebee a season in their private box. When I go, I won't buy anything in the stadium and I actively root for whoever they are playing that night. I wear a Forbes Field T-shirt when I go, and even bought a Yankees just for those occasions. 

The only two time that I've paid for tickets since '04 was once with the church when my wife signed us up for a family night (I was pissed and reluctantly wrote the check) and once to see the Yankees in and interleague game about 8 years ago. 
I think a lot of fan loyalty is based on tradition.  Being a fan of this team or that team is just what you do cuz it's what you've always done. And very often, it's what your dad did and then passed it on to you.  My dad's teams just ended up being mine too.  So, you end up not only being loyal to a team that may or may not even earn that loyalty, but you're being loyal to that tradition.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Hailey Fired also - Luvnit2 - 10-29-2018, 02:36 PM
RE: Hailey Fired also - CKwi88 - 10-29-2018, 03:39 PM
RE: Hailey Fired also - Dill - 10-30-2018, 01:18 AM
RE: Hailey Fired also - StrictlyBiz - 10-29-2018, 04:39 PM
RE: Hailey Fired also - Luvnit2 - 10-29-2018, 05:55 PM
RE: Hailey Fired also - michaelsean - 10-29-2018, 08:27 PM
RE: Hailey Fired also - StrictlyBiz - 10-29-2018, 08:43 PM
RE: Hailey Fired also - McC - 11-04-2018, 01:23 PM
RE: Hailey Fired also - ballsofsteel - 10-30-2018, 06:11 AM