Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rat Turds or Stool Pidgeons ???
(11-04-2018, 01:32 PM)YsCascadia Wrote: Short term Ravens....

Long term Steelers...

Maybe we can get another tie?

So the analysis...

Steelers have:

@Baltimore
vs Carolina
@ Jaguars
@ Broncos
vs LA Chargers
@LV Raiders
vs NE
@ NO
vs Bengals

That is a lot of back and forth traveling against some strong teams... minus the Raiders (I know the Bengals as well right?).  Even then that would be a travel to Denver... back home... then BACK out to face the Raiders.  Even if it isn't likely, it isn't farfetched to see the Steelers losing all of their remaining games.  Their best chances of wins would be the Carolina game, the Chargers, Raiders and the Bengals.  Though they probably won't win all 4 of those games.  

Ravens have:

vs Steelers
vs Bengals
vs Raiders
@ Falcons
@ Chiefs
vs Tampa Bay
@ Chargers
vs Browns

The Falcons, Chiefs and Chargers would be the most likely losses on their schedule.  If they lose to the Bengals then that would be four and fine.  Them losing to the Steelers could eliminate them from Playoff contention.  

The records right now are 4-3-1 and 4-4.  Who ever wins, would tie with us for Ws and the Steelers would officially lead the division.  However if the Steelers lose the rest of their games then they would have a 5-10-1 record. If they beat us at the end, they have  5-9-1.  Even if they pick up a win or 2 along the way they would have 6-9-1 or a 7-8-1 record.  That isn't enough to win the division.  

The Ravens would be 5-4 and be 2nd place in the standings behind us, however if they only lose to the three above, then their record would be 9-7.  Depending how we that would be enough to win the division as they would have the tie breaker over us if we both finish with a 9-7 record.  Now if they lose to the Steelers they would have an 8-8 record and we would own the tie breaker even if we have an 8-8 record.

So based on the upcoming schedule for both teams, I would want the Steelers to win.  However I hate the Steelers so much that I would be fine with the Ravens winning.

You're wrong, right now the Steelers are 4-2-1, not 4-3-1.
The Bengals fans should hope that the Ravens beat the Steelers because the Steelers currently hold the tiebreaker over the Bengals and the Bengals currently hold the tie breaker over the Ravens. Also if the Ravens win, they'll put the Bengals in first. If I was a Bengals fan, I would definitely be rooting for the Ravens to win.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Rat Turds or Stool Pidgeons ??? - Whacked - 11-04-2018, 10:23 AM
RE: Rat Turds or Stool Pidgeons ??? - Captain Obvious - 11-04-2018, 01:59 PM
RE: Rat Turds or Stool Pidgeons ??? - Dill - 11-04-2018, 02:43 PM
RE: Rat Turds or Stool Pidgeons ??? - Dill - 11-16-2018, 11:54 PM
RE: Rat Turds or Stool Pidgeons ??? - Dill - 11-13-2018, 07:50 PM