Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why do free agent linebackers come here and wither?
(11-05-2018, 07:49 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yes, we do get pressure from the front 4, I've seen it with my own eyes.  The problem, and I hate to keep brining this issue up, is that they are playing zone.  When they played man, there were not nearly as many "instant opens" for QBs to dump the ball off to in a hurry. Hell, and when an opposing QB does get 3+ seconds to study the field, someone is always open, as our secondary doesn't seem to know who's responsibility each receiver is.

Heck, go back to man coverage.  Make the LBs jam the TE, every single play, no more free slants.  Have the CBs press from the line, as well.  Make the receiver actually have to work, in order to beat someone deep.

Yes - It's amazing that a bunch of us see the same thing.

Zone is actually fairly complex especially when teams scheme to overload it and attack weak links which are our LB's. Man is easier to play and harder for a CB to just throw it to a wide open hot read.

The Con of man is you give up more big plays if the defensive line doesn't get home. But, we're giving up too many yards. It's time to switch.

Our CB's seem more suited for man anyways.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why do free agent linebackers come here and wither? - THE PISTONS - 11-05-2018, 10:46 PM