Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
We don't need no stinking help.
(11-08-2018, 08:49 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Players play. Coaches coach. Owners own. It’s a business for MB, can’t blame him for making money. Our roster has a lot of talent and (for once) we made changes in coaching. Teams do not rush out and grab every decent player on the market (specially plagued players to your locker room like DB). 5-3 coming out of the bye? Let’s talk about this for a second.

If I’m a coach (which I’m not) I would think I worked with these guys through TC and through the season. I have to believe I have the best team, and also know the depth behind them. I should know the ins and outs of every player and his strengths and weaknesses. My assistant coaches should also know what I know in their respective players.

Let’s go back to MB. Did the coaches ask for this or that any player to be signed? Doubtful. So, if he were the old MB, he could have forced a signing and said play him. But that would not be good. So, I’m guessing MB should be off the hook. But let’s not stop there.

Let’s say this coaching staff never recommended anyone because they believe with what they have, they can do better than sustain, but build the momentum from where we are currently. They are with these guys all the time. They had a good inkling on who would be ready after the bye. So let’s give them a pass as 
Now on to the players. Guys just have to do their job. Throw, catch, run and tackle better than the other guys.

So to answer your question, I’m just a fan that doesn’t quit. My fandom foundation may shake a little (like after the KC game), but it will never break. I will get depressed, deflated, discouraged (and now the Big D) disappointed. Yet, after a few days, a few beers and real problems of life come back into perspective, I’m good again.

Go Bengals!
So you are lobbying for Hobsons job. You sound just like him.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: We don't need no stinking help. - McC - 11-10-2018, 04:03 PM
RE: We don't need no stinking help. - McC - 11-10-2018, 03:28 PM
RE: We don't need no stinking help. - McC - 11-10-2018, 03:43 PM
RE: We don't need no stinking help. - McC - 11-10-2018, 03:44 PM
RE: We don't need no stinking help. - McC - 11-10-2018, 03:50 PM
RE: We don't need no stinking help. - McC - 11-10-2018, 03:30 PM
RE: We don't need no stinking help. - Catmandude123 - 11-08-2018, 09:10 PM
RE: We don't need no stinking help. - McC - 11-10-2018, 01:02 PM