Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Marvin told the players to “be careful what they wished for”
(11-14-2018, 02:04 PM)Lucidus Wrote: Players looked rather lost at times in Austin's defense. While I don't think Austin was ever a good fit with our current defensive talent, I also must allocate a fair share of blame on the players themselves, many of whom exacerbated the schematic struggles by routinely missing tackles and dropping potential interceptions.

Back when Austin was hired, many on here were quite skeptical of his merit for the position.  All it really takes is to look at how he did in Detroit.  He took over a star-studded defense in 2014, they had Suh, Fairely, Ziggy Ansah, Kyle Van Noy, and others.  He did well that year, and quickly went downhill there after.  Anyone who was anyone quickly left town via free agency.  Sure, you're always going to lose some guys to free agency, but a mass exodus like they experienced in a few short years points more to players just wanting out of town on the first thing smokin'.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Marvin told the players to “be careful what they wished for” - SunsetBengal - 11-14-2018, 02:23 PM