Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
***Week 11 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Ravens***
(11-18-2018, 07:11 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Here's the thing...and this is not a bashing post. He certainly did things to keep them close and he gave Core an opportunity at the end and Core 100% blew it. 

The problem is, better QBs make plays earlier in the game...the one's Dalton missed today, so that it's not always necessary to have to make a game winning drive. Yes, Bullock missed a makeable FG. Yes, Dalton doesn't have a lot of his regulars. The fact is, he had opportunities to make a play plenty of times and he failed. It doesn't make him a bad QB. He's an average QB who is able to focus and produce more times than not at the end of the game. What the Bengals need is a guy that can make those plays that he missed so it doesn't come down to a game winning drive against this Ravens team, a team that regardless of the rushing yards, couldn't put the Bengals away until a 4th down miss. 

He gets zero help from Lazor with his bland formations and play calling but when he drops back to pass, it's 100% on him to put the ball where a receiver can make a catch and yards. When this team is short-handed like they are now, he doesn't do that enough to be considered as anything other than average in the entire course of the game.

Well said. Was the loss today Daltons fault, not really but there are times where he just dosent have it. I'm convinced this team will never be a serious SB contender as long as Marvin and Dalton are here. Dalton needs tons of talent around him and everyone to play perfect to be considered good or better than average. It should be the other way around. In today's NFL Dalton should be putting up insane numbers but he just dosent. Is it the OC, HC I dunno. Even when everyone is healthy you still never know which Dalton will show up. I just want a HC with some balls and a QB with some grit, some moxie or whatever it is that Andy is lacking. Core completely blew it out there and I don't blame Andy for throwing him the ball, he's an NFL receiver and should make that catch. I blame the coaches for having him as an option to begin with. He's done this before, where was Erickson on that play? He's been pretty clutch his career on 3/4 down.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: ***Week 11 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Ravens*** - TKUHL - 11-18-2018, 07:59 PM