Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Mike and Marvin Show an Epic Fail
(11-21-2018, 12:41 PM)fredtoast Wrote: And it is not a list of things that Marvin fails at.

Do you realize you just tried to criticize Marvin for both not "demanding accountability on the field" and "pulling players out for rookie mistakes".  So he gets ripped for both holding players accountable and NOT holding players accountable.

It is like criticizing him for both "being too conservative" and "giving up on the run too quickly".

You basically criticize everything Marvin does even when it is what you said he should do.  He got ripped constantly for being too conservative in the last minutes of the first half, but when he was aggressive in the last minutes of the half against the Ravens earlier this year he got ripped for that also.

Marvin has more wins against other NFL coaches than he does losses.  It is impossible for him to be bad at everything and still have a winning record.  Especially when he is handicapped by working for the worst owner in the league.

In reading through various threads over the last few days, I've noticed a couple of very obvious flaws in arguments that I've seen you repeat numerous times. 

The first seems to be that coach Lewis was not given enough talent to succeed in a way that other coaches have. However, you go to great lengths to drive home the point that Lewis has made the playoffs seven times, which as you've implied, is an impressive feat. The problem that comes into play is when you then imply that coach Lewis was not given the proper talent to achieve said feat. Furthermore, you imply, rather vigorously, that it is a rather important aspect of his postseason inadequacies. Those assertions would logically seem to be in conflict with one another. If Lewis had rosters that were talented enough to reach the postseason seven times, it would follow that he should have had enough talent to win - at the least - a couple of those games. Moreover, given seven opportunities, one could logically assume - based on nothing more than probability - that he would've won at least one of those games in spite of any circumstance that may have suggested otherwise.

Another argument that I've noticed that has left me a bit perplexed is the one that suggests that the reason Lewis has failed is because of Brown. The problem with this argument is the rather similar to the previous. While it's true that Brown is not an ideal owner or general manager, Lewis has still managed to make the postseason seven times under him. You can laud that accomplishment as a great feat, and I wouldn't necessarily disagree. However, you can't then excuse away the playoff losses as insurmountable plateaus. If Lewis could accomplish seven playoff berths under Brown, then once again, it would seem to follow that some playoff success should be probable as well. 

Lewis has been good enough, at times, to achieve a spot in multiple tournaments -- for which you give him tremendous praise. In doing so, you must also allocate a proper level of blame -- in context with said praise -- for the inexcusable postseason performances.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Mike and Marvin Show an Epic Fail - Lucidus - 11-21-2018, 04:40 PM