Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just Received A Message On Facebook......
(11-29-2018, 12:09 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: From a random person, which isn't that unusual because I'll get requests to present or just comments about my life from random people, but then I started reading it:

That's unreal but then so just emotional to know how things could have gone the other way for me.

Amazing how she remembered me, too, since they were more worried about their own family member to even pay much attention to what else was going on, which isn't saying anything bad about them, but just that no one in that situation would be paying much attention to what else is going on around them.

I didn't know what to say, so the only thing I could think of was:

I kind of felt bad because I didn't want to feel like I was rubbing it in that I'm still alive.  I think I'm going to invite her to one of my presentations.

Anyways, I thought it was cool after this long.

It's shitty you have to think this way, but be careful that it's a scam. People do this sometimes where they create an emotional connection to get close enough to people who went through a tragedy then try to leverage it into some sort of monetary gain. If you meet her and she tells you how much medical debt they incurred and still have that is a red flag 100%. It's easy to create a story that relates to someone when their story is so public. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Just Received A Message On Facebook...... - Au165 - 11-29-2018, 09:26 AM