Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Way too early draft selections
(11-29-2018, 08:12 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: The way I see it, the needs are as follows.

1. and 1A.  Franchise LT and LB.  Unless you go to drastic measures, you're not going to get both, as both positions drop off rather quickly after the top 2 or 3 in the class.

2.  TE  It's time to admit that Tyler Eifert will never be who he was in 2015.  We need a new play-maker at that position, as Kroft seems to be just about as injury prone as Eifert, and Uzomah just can't seem to produce with any consistency.

3. and 3A.  OG and another LB.  Yep, we need to choose to double up on one of those position groups, before it falls off into low-odds ballers.

4. WR, DT  Let's face it AJ Green isn't going to last forever, and Geno Atkins appears to be dropping off quickly.  I'd love to address those positions with premium picks, but unfortunately the fundamental positions of OL and LB are in such dire condition that they merit the picks.  Who knows?  With some better LBs, maybe Geno gets his mojo back and plays strong throughout the remainder of his contract?

That's it, we're out of picks.  Unless this organization decides to do some major horse trading, and attain a couple extra picks in rounds 1 and 2, maybe top of 3rd, I don't see more than 3 first year major contributors coming.  So, they had better plan on using Free Agency this year. (and not the bottom feeder variety)
I think in this upcoming draft, a great LB can be taken in round 1.  Depending on where the Bengals draft, they may need to grab OT first because the depth is not there in the draft for OT.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Way too early draft selections - Andy2AJ - 11-29-2018, 05:48 PM
RE: Way too early draft selections - pally - 11-29-2018, 05:54 PM
RE: Way too early draft selections - psychdoctor - 11-29-2018, 08:23 PM
Way too early draft selections - BenZoo2 - 12-05-2018, 01:18 PM