Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ohio State Haskins will be Great NFL QB
(12-21-2018, 10:38 AM)Whatever Wrote: I think pretty much everybody on these boards has seen plenty of Haskins 

Haskins is nowhere close to Big Ben, build wise.  Haskins is 6'3", 218 and Piggy is listed at 6'5", 241, but actually plays at 260+.  He has NFL size, but is not a monster QB by any stretch.

A big reason you want a QB with a big arm is so they can still make throws when they can't get their feet set and their mechanics break down.  As Au165 pointed out, Haskins short arms throws when he can't set his feet and square his shoulders.  He doesn't have an elite arm like a Rodgers or Big Ben.

Most college QB's short arm their throws when under pressure, Haskins has the arm talent though to make plenty of throws when he can't use his lower body sometimes they don't go well. My issue more so is he sometimes slides up into the pocket when he shouldn't making his mechanics worse. His touch is better than most the QB's I have seen in this class, which is a really under rated aspect of QB's. A lot of guys throw heaters even on a short crossing route and it can cause tipped passes and drops. He is underrated in his decision making, he runs a full field spread with multiple reads that use NFL concepts. He does plenty of the screen game stuff, but his intermediate ball get's lost in that as he does a good job on intermediate routes throwing guys open. His deep ball needs some work, but I think a team that isn't vertical based like an old Bruce Arians offense will be fine with where he is now and hope he can build a bit on it.

There are no "clean" prospects in this class, but I think what gets you excited about Haskins is his ceiling. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ohio State Haskins will be Great NFL QB - Au165 - 12-21-2018, 11:12 AM