Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ohio State Haskins will be Great NFL QB
(12-27-2018, 05:28 PM)Whatever Wrote: Goff has struggled since the Rams bye week.  Teams are showing signs of figuring that offense out. I don't see that as a long term recipe for success.  Anything new takes defenses time to adapt, then it just becomes another tool in the tool box.  We kind of saw it here when Lazor took over.  We caught teams by surprise for awhile because they didn't know what to expect, then they figured it out and see those screens coming a mile away.  Same thing with Kitchens in Cleveland.

Haskins already has bad pocket presence.  Eating sacks will ruin him and he'll throw picks anyways because his mechanics will go.  If he wasn't already scared of the rush, I would be in more agreement.

Honestly his struggles are kind of related to the injury to Kupp, people kind of discounted him as just a slot WR but undersell what he meant to the offense. His ability to take advantage of one on one match ups exposed a lot of teams inability to cover the middle of the field.

Bad pocket presence again is an overstatement relative to college QBs in general. He climbs a little prematurely at time but I wouldn’t call it poor. He played behind a bad o line and felt the effects of foot steps. He has stood in and taken plenty of hits while making accurate throws. This really seems like being overly critical and not really comparing to relatively to where other QBs come out at.

Like I said he will come out with a high 80’s grade similar to a Trubisky or Flacco. He will need a scheme fit, someone who wants to be ultra vertical won’t be a good fit but any west coast offense who have incorporated a lot of spread and air raid concepts would work well. He’d be a good fit in Washington but I doubt he goes that late.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ohio State Haskins will be Great NFL QB - Au165 - 12-28-2018, 12:46 AM