Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Urban Meyer to retire Jan 2nd; Day replaces him.
(12-04-2018, 08:01 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I did some further reading on the Urban Meyer retirement today.  It seems that he very well might continue to work in some capacity for the OSU athletic department.  The article said something about language in his latest contract extension for that provision.  The story went on to suggest the possibility of mentoring coaches and leaders.

Something tells me that Urban is still going to be in the backdrop of the OSU program, for quite some time.  Just not in the capacity of Head Coach.  I have every confidence in Ryan Day doing a fine job in the position.  As for the recruiting, that is where Urban and his influence comes into play.  The University already has an established Nationwide network, of people working both officially and unofficially on behalf of finding and "warming up" talent to the idea of committing to Ohio State.  Behind the scenes, a man as influential as Urban Meyer can not only mentor coaches on how to recruit, but also put them in contact with (wink, wink) established OSU scouts throughout the Country.

No, I'm not worried about Day being able to bring in talent, the program will ensure that all recruiting resources remain in tact.  

And let’s be honest, his track record is pretty good. Biggest challenge for him will to keep this current class in tact. 100% on a plane today or tomorrow morning to a few different states
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
 [Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Urban Meyer to retire Jan 2nd; Day replaces him. - Hoofhearted - 12-04-2018, 08:59 PM