Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Awesome people and their ability to make you know how awesome they are
This really isn't about anyone who is actually awesome, just those who occasionally do something decent then pretty much expect a parade and 21 gun salute because they did something that they probably ought to be doing regularly anyway. 
An example could be someone who once a year gets hoodwinked into putting on their Sunday best and going to a homeless shelter and dipping up a few plates of green beans ONLY on Thanksgiving , taking a video of themselves actually dipping up a plate and insisting for weeks just how awesome they are because there's video proof of their once every five years awesomeness..
Now don't get me wrong.  I have some admiration for people who actually do volunteer their time and effort and sometimes money, but really, does anyone really need the over the top congratulatory recognition for actually doing something decent once a year? Do they really need to post multiple videos of themselves and their ultimate awesomeness?
I'm not going to tell you that nobody should volunteer once in awhile or that they never deserve some recognition, but I'm not quite sure they really need to plaster their awesomeness all over the web for gratuitous facebook likes either. 
Years ago I  used to drive a taxi and every morning at about 4am an elderly woman would take a taxi to the hospital to volunteer her time and effort and had been doing it for over 40 years. There were no videos of her efforts, no gratuitive Facebook likes, just a very appreciative hospital and years worth of taxi drivers who loved the early morning $1.40 trip and the very soft spoken elderly woman. She always paid in nickels and dimes and always insisted that we count the change to be certain it was the correct amount and she had no sense of humor about even suggesting that she might be a nickel short. The one time I tried she dug out another nickel and wouldn't take no for an answer. I still feel guilty about that extra nickel.. lol
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Awesome people and their ability to make you know how awesome they are - grampahol - 12-04-2018, 04:32 PM