Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Awesome people and their ability to make you know how awesome they are
(12-07-2018, 12:53 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: I once helped a lady out in church. Feeling pretty good about 'me', I went and told the pastor about it. I'll never forget his response. He said, "Oh, no! Don't tell anyone about it! That ruins it!". I retained the wisdom of that.

That's the thing; despite not having much myself, I twice have helped my friends (who truth be told, due to their parents, indeed had more than me) out with financial instances of hardship, where they were in a bind or because they did something stupid.

To this day, just they (2 girls and no, I was NOT trying to get in their pants; they were and still are, my good friends) and my wife (only because I used the exact same point of this thread, in a speech to her about blabbing about things), know about these instances of assisting and I wish to keep it that way.

Let the world know when you accomplish something that YOU are proud of... but only if you want.

Let the world know when you want to shed light on someone close to you's accomplishment... but only if you want.

But if you do a good deed, THAT EVERYONE ON THIS PLANET IS EXPECTED TO DO (if you believe in any religion), whether you want to or not, you shouldn't blab it to the world, as it is your duty that you have undertaken.

As much as I love Whitworth and that he's my favourite player ever, I certainly did NOT like that he blabbed to the world on social media, that he was donating his cheque to the firefighting; same with Chris Long.

Do it in private, feel good about it, but keep your pride in check; you guys are already professional athletes with more money than any of us could ever dream of. Keep it in your pants.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Awesome people and their ability to make you know how awesome they are - Truck_1_0_1_ - 12-07-2018, 05:24 PM