Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newsflash: Attendance means very little anymore
(12-13-2018, 11:46 AM)kevin Wrote: Then I tell you the TV ratings have been doctored.  There is no way the small market last place Reds are # 8 in baseball in TV ratings.  I can guarantee you Reds are not # 8 in TV in major league baseball.   There is no way.  You can take the newspaper, turn it upside down, and instead of Reds at bottom they will be at top, but that doesn't make it so.  There are just too many big city franchises of more viewers and too many teams playing better ball than last place Reds.  Your source on TV ratings is in error. There is no way Reds are # 8 in TV in baseball, no way. No possible way.

The numbers aren't doctored.  I read the article, and was quickly able to figure out that the numbers are based on what percentage of homes in that particular market are watching, rather than total number of people watching.  For example, market A could have 100 tvs, and if 6 are watching baseball, that's a 6% market share.  Then you take market B, with 500 tvs, and 25 of them are watching baseball, that's a 5% market share.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Newsflash: Attendance means very little anymore - SunsetBengal - 12-23-2018, 11:50 AM