Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For anyone wishing to defend PA, and Bengals coaching.....
Look no further than Russell Bodine as proof to what ails this team:

Quote:It's a real shame that Bodine landed on injured reserve with a broken fibula suffered against the Dolphins in Week 13, because he had been a rare bright spot for Buffalo's offense-and one of the most improved players I'd seen this season. When I watched Bodine's tape during his time with the Bengals, I was frequently distressed by a heavy-footed player who struggled with the simplest pass-rush concepts, and despite his obvious strength, he lacked root strength because his technique was so bad. I listed him as the NFL's worst center near the end of the 2017 season, and the tape more than backed up that assertion.

But after signing a two-year, $5 million contract with the Bills this last offseason, something clicked, because Bodine was playing at an entirely different level. More than ever, he was coming off the snap low and nasty, driving defensive tackles out of the play, and keeping his quarterbacks clean. He'd allowed no sacks, one quarterback hit, and eight quarterback hurries in 340 pass-blocking snaps this season.

The Bills have a lot of work to do with their offense, but they'll have the center position on lock next season when Bodine returns.

NO SACKS!!!!!

Seriously.....WTF.  He was among the league's worst centers when he was here!  Kind of solidifies what we said about Piano Paul, and about Merv's staff in general to this day.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
For anyone wishing to defend PA, and Bengals coaching..... - Wyche'sWarrior - 12-06-2018, 04:12 PM