Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hard to argue with Brian on this..
(12-15-2018, 10:46 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I didn't really disagree with anything that was stated right up until it said "backdoor hacks". As soon as i saw that, i thought "quack". Conspiracy theorists can find inconsistencies in anything. 

My thoughts are, the NFL isn't going to implement all the things that are capable to make the average NFL game flawless because they WANT a measure of the human element and the faults inherent in the game. If they used everything at their disposal and there were never any mistakes, what is your average, passive person that sometimes watches the NFL going to talk about Monday morning around the water cooler? The way the offensive line blocked well on the power sweeps but faltered a bit with their sets in pass pro? How the WR route concepts didn't work well with the defense they were playing against? Nope. They're not going to be interested and they're not going to be able to talk with their friends about how that blatant false start was missed and it led to a TD the was a big determining factor in the outcome of the game. 

They're also not going to completely overhaul how the game has been played for the last 60+ years. Modern technology is being slowly implemented into the game and it will continue. I don't know that the game will ever get to the flawless level, but i do believe it is capable. I've stated as much on several occasions myself. 

The whole "game is fixed!! billion dollar industry!! the fix is in!!" is just more 'missiles into the towers' bullshit. It gains much more traction in places like Cincinnati where the team is run shoddily by a jackass who came from a royal lineage but doesn't know his butthole from a hole in the ground when it comes to assembling a championship football team. Everyone thinks the refs are against them, even the good teams when calls don't go their way. 

The only reason any of this has any traction at all is because crackpots with tin foil hats have a much louder voice since the internet and their stupid conspiracy theories can reach the more gullible, easily-led individuals in our society. "And they'll tell two friends. And they'll tell two friends. And so on. And so on". 

I tend to look at each conspiracy theory on its own merit.  Most are wacky but not all of them are and there has to be something that might make sense on some level or the theory would never germinate.   I don't see this one as tin foil material, being the NFL official hater that I am.  They flat out suck.  The fact that the Driskel TD theft could even be possible says it all.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hard to argue with Brian on this.. - McC - 12-22-2018, 01:52 AM