Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
How Soon Will They Make Plays?
(09-09-2015, 11:58 AM)djs7685 Wrote: I think you're just taking what people are saying the wrong way.

Nobody is saying "I hope Greg Little doesn't play because I hope he is terrible". Nobody hates Greg Little. People don't want to see him play because some combination of that meaning our other guys are likely injured and/or they don't find Little to be a very good WR.

I don't think Domata Peko is a good NT, but I don't hate him and I hope he lights it up this year. I don't think Margus Hunt is a good DE, but I don't hate him and I hope he lights it up this year as well.

People need to comprehend this kind of stuff before going on and on about people wishing our guys to fail or whatever the narrative is exactly.

Sure, I get that too. But I still hope he has a great season. It's the same every year. Some guys will never live up to expectations, but occasionally one guy who has always been on the bubble steps up and has the once in a lifetime season. Some develop a bit later.
I was hoping JJ Hoover wouldn't pitch this year, but he did put up some pretty good numbers. 2.25 era after being Mr 9th inning homerun the previous year.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: How Soon Will They Make Plays? - McC - 09-08-2015, 11:36 PM
RE: How Soon Will They Make Plays? - McC - 09-08-2015, 11:38 PM
RE: How Soon Will They Make Plays? - CJD - 09-09-2015, 09:41 AM
RE: How Soon Will They Make Plays? - M.W. - 09-09-2015, 11:15 AM
RE: How Soon Will They Make Plays? - grampahol - 09-09-2015, 12:21 PM