Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I think I know what might be really hindering this franchise. ( I might be wrong)
(12-30-2018, 03:03 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I'm not justifying anything. Just claiming that there is no causation in fan support/lack of and a team winning/losing. The negativity doesn't help or hurt the team's play on the field. That's delusional and entitled fan-thought.

Fans contributing to the "overall toxicity" is a DIRECT result of extended losing by said team and it's justified on its own merits. Singing kumbaya, hugging trees and thinking happy thoughts will not cause a team to magically play better and become more competitive. 

I'm not so sure. I've debated this back and forth with myself.

On one hand, a team should be completely disconnected from the fans, and the fans negative/positive outlook should have 0 effect on them.

On the other hand, these players are on average around age 24. They have fragile psyches and the negative social media aspect can effect them (see John Ross). Players are far more mentally weak than the players of a few decades ago. Boys are playing now, not men.

I think positivity from fans can drive a team the right direction. I think of Seattle and the 12s, or even Philly fans last year. Granted, the team has to be coached and playing well to create that positive vibe, but I think the positivity from the fans can be beneficial.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I think I know what might be really hindering this franchise. ( I might be wrong) - GreenCornBengal - 12-30-2018, 03:07 PM