Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reds Now Overloaded In RF
Kemp in Left. Puig, Schebler, Winker in Right. Somebody has to move from Right to Center and play good defense. This isn't about batting stats. You can't be weak up the middle on defense. You can never be weak in Center. Center has to be fast, good glove, strong arm. Willie Mays is the goal on defense, you can live with a Micky Mantle. Geronimo was best on CF defense I saw with Reds. Pinson, Davis, Griffey Jr, Hamilton also good. Who plays Center is Huge. No point in trying to get pitching if you put a real slow iron glove in Center.

I look at Puig, Schebler and Winker and I see 3 players that need to play every day. Kemp plays every day in Left. One will be the odd man out. I see a trade coming in Reds future. There is also Ervin and Sin. Now you need bench depth, and injuries happen, players go into awful years of slumps. You need depth. Still, I see a trade down the road for the odd man out in the Reds Outfield.

I think Reds have the right guy in Bell to make the right moves.

The young Winker has shown he can be a table setter and get on base with hits in top of the order. He has an opportunity to show he can play Center and Hit, and if he does that, he could be the guy. They may want to go to Arizona and see who steps up this March and April, or they could trade for other needs now. Having too many good plays is not as bad as not having enough good players. The Reds are getting interesting this off season.

Even in Fantasy Baseball and season going and you need to add a free agent pitcher or infielder and you are forced to give up one of your over loaded outfielders. You don't want to, but you really need to make some urgent moves. Don't get me wrong, it's a good thing Reds have all these outfielders, and I'm sure one will step up and play solid CF. Not as good as Hamilton on D, but solid. I'm thinking Winker. Possibly Ervin. If Winker can hit and play Center, that would be Huge. I have doubts about Schebler or Puig in Center, maybe a step too slow.

Bell will get a good D in CF and Reds are set at LF and RF with so much depth a possible trade down the road for Pitching, or Infield or a Top Minor Prospect. It should work out fine. Should be a good solid OF on Defense and at the plate, especially in Great American SMALL Park of some easy home runs.

I'm really looking forward to Reds for first time in years, I just changed TV Companies and I insisted on package with Reds Games, and in last few years I would not have cared about Fox Ohio, so I'm putting my money where my mouth is, I want to see the 2019 Reds.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Reds Now Overloaded In RF - kevin - 01-05-2019, 02:07 PM
RE: Reds Now Overloaded In RF - McC - 01-05-2019, 02:50 PM
RE: Reds Now Overloaded In RF - fredtoast - 01-05-2019, 03:43 PM
RE: Reds Now Overloaded In RF - McC - 01-05-2019, 05:39 PM
RE: Reds Now Overloaded In RF - kevin - 01-06-2019, 03:30 AM
RE: Reds Now Overloaded In RF - fredtoast - 01-06-2019, 02:17 PM
RE: Reds Now Overloaded In RF - McC - 01-06-2019, 03:22 PM
RE: Reds Now Overloaded In RF - fredtoast - 01-05-2019, 03:51 PM
RE: Reds Now Overloaded In RF - kevin - 01-07-2019, 12:55 AM