Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Wildcats Forever - Honorary Inductee
(01-06-2019, 10:59 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: [Image: cen153787-1_20181231.jpgx?w=130&h=180&v=...8&option=1]

Like many of us, David transferred here from the old board, where he had already established himself as a poster who was friendly, funny, and wise. He treated people with respect, sometimes when they did not appear to deserve it. And these were traits that David brought to our new board and shared with us. Those who knew him and interacted with him regularly had a high degree of respect and admiration for him.

When we needed a new Moderator at one point, David's name came up and he was immediately a top choice due to our regard for his enthusiasm and his ability to deal respectfully with people. He joined us and proved an excellent choice, constantly striving to make the boards a friendly and respectful community for all of its members.

I am deeply saddened by this event, which I just learned of this week
.  I was PMing with David in December, before I had to take a business trip which put me offline for a few weeks.  He told me about the coming operation, and promised to keep me informed of his health condition.  When I returned, I missed this announcement entirely, waiting a month for an update from 'Cats.  I finally learned the sad news from B-zona. 

'Cats/David was one of my oldest friends here, carried over from the old board. We spoke over the phone a few times, and I hoped to meet him face to face for a beer eventually.  I really miss him.

And I want to thank B-zona (another old pal from the previous message board), for this wonderful eulogy to our mutual friend.  It says something about this message board that people are respected and honored in this way, and among a community of people, few of whom ever actually meet one another.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Wildcats Forever - Honorary 2019 Inductee - Dill - 02-16-2019, 03:46 PM